Chaguaramas offers a variety of mountain biking experiences suitable to everyone from first timers to the experienced fanatic; from easy riding along country roads, to fun single track and down hills.
We start with Cazabon Trail which offers easy road riding along a country road with impossibly long bamboos arcing over your head, here sometimes monkeys ease their way along these bamboos as their own path to cross the road without touching ground. Then its off to North Bank and South bank, beautiful single track. Dry river beds offer a bit off-road technical with small drop-offs, sand, mud and pools. Some single-track trails offer cross-country riding with a bit of a challenge, here forest trails with logs, bamboos and streams across the trail present themselves as fun obstacles to navigate.
Chaguaramas was a military base during World War II used as a naval base, for guerilla warfare training in its forests, as a recreation site for officers on leave and many other uses. Your ride will be structured to pass some of the ruins left by this time in Trinidad’s history so that you can learn of some of this very interesting history.
- Prior to and during riding Courtenay will teach and demonstrate mountain biking skills
- The bike will take about 3 to 4 hours. Bring enough food and drink for that duration.
- Everything will get wet so bring phones / cameras in dry bags or double/triple zip loc bags
- Make sure you leave a dry change of clothes and towel in the car to change into for the drive home!
- Price is US$85 Per person with bike rental and helmet.
In order to confirm your attendance you must contact Courtenay Rooks either by messaging him on Facebook, emailing him on email@example.com, calling / texting him on 620-8240 or submitting the Booking form below on the last tab.
You must provide accurate information on names and numbers of people attending, a cell contact and an emergency phone number of someone not attending the event. Once you are confirmed it is understood that you are subject to the Cancellation Policy displayed on the next tab.