Rio Seco Waterfall Zip Line
RIO SECO WATERFALL ZIP LINE:
This is a family fun tour that has both easy and adventurous routes that include swimming through emerald pools to a beautiful waterfall and takes us to North East Trinidad, an area of rugged beauty.
Meet at your hotel for and head east along the highway. As we get further and further from built up areas the forest gets thicker, eventually we reach the coast at Matura. Following the main road until we cross the Rio Seco River, we then turn north to drive along a country road deep into the rain forest. Total drive is about an hour and a half each way.
The traditional hike is easy to moderate and takes a little over an hour each way through beautiful rainforests. The trail can be quite muddy at times, which makes it fun and a bit of a challenge passing through the unique and wondrous Mora Rainforest. The adventurous will dive into pools, climb cascades following a picturesque river. Here you will be introduced to the marvels of rainforests. Our effort is rewarded when we arrive at the Rio Seco Waterfall a gorgeous thirty-foot Waterfall with a large deep pool at its base, perfect for a swim to refresh you. The adventurous can climb the waterfall and jump off the top. All along the way you will learn about the Natural and Human History of the area.
Once at the waterfall we will set up the zip line those whowish to zip line can either climb the waterfall to get there, or you can do a 15 minute hike to get above the waterfall. For everyone it ends with ..... whhheeeeeeeeeeeeee .... splashhhhhhhh........ grinnnnnnnn!!! LOL
- The traditional hike is easy to moderate with slippery mud and roots, which will take about an hour each way. For those not accustomed with hiking the roots and mud can be a challenge
- Bring enough food and drink for not less than 2 hour hike duration and picnic at the waterfall.
- Long pants are not needed.
- Any reasonable hiking sneakers or shoes are fine
- If it rains everything will get wet so bring phones / cameras in dry bags and/or triple zip loc bags
- Kids are highly encouraged to join this hike, my son first did it at 2 years old and I have hiked with kids in a back pack.
- Make sure you leave a dry change of clothes and towel in the car to change into for the drive home!
- Price is US$150 per person for 4 or less persons, discounts for bigger groups
- Minimum of 5 and maximum of 20 persons
In order to confirm your attendance you must contact Courtenay Rooks either by messaging him on Facebook, emailing him on email@example.com, calling / texting him on 620-8240 or submitting the Booking form below on the last tab.
You must provide accurate information on names and numbers of people attending, a cell contact and an emergency phone number of someone not attending the event. Once you are confirmed it is understood that you are subject to the Cancellation Policy displayed on the next tab.